New York Office
A savvy business thinker, a relationship-maker, and a bold vision-setter, the strategist on the business development team helps to unlock powerful new futures for iconic leaders in business. Partnering closely with members of the SYPartners leadership team, the strategist surfaces insights around client need, co-creates powerful experiences that help our clients see a new way forward, and writes strong points of view of how SYPartners can help. The strategist also plays an essential role in building the SYPartners relationship network through attending events/conferences, attending key client conversations, and building new tools and rituals
The work you’ll do
- Use systems-thinking business prowess to understand and deconstruct the complexity within client organizations.
- Partner closely with the Business Development team to help align on a vision for the client’s need, pursuing each opportunity with optimism and clarity of thought.
- Collaborate with SYP Senior Leaders and Designers to create workshop experiences that deeply engage clients and make brilliant first impressions for our prospects.
- Create and write content for the elements of a successful client workshop (agenda, presentation, printed pieces, video, digital, environmental, etc.), and help facilitate that session.
- Generate original ideas related to the client’s business, brand, and culture, and lead the team to think through the approach we would take to deliver on this vision.
- Diagnose the root causes related to the challenge within a client’s organization.
- Frame the client challenge with original insights.
- Write compelling proposals and narratives to make sense of a client’s challenges, brings the work to life in a way that engages the client vividly and viscerally, and motivates them to action.
- Identify tools and practices that help the team be creative, efficient, and effective.
- Attend and participate in client conversations including fielding in-bound calls and requests to facilitating co-creation sessions.
What makes you successful at SYP
- You demonstrate courage and optimism in the face of ambiguous challenges, for which there are no obvious answers.
- You’re a natural storyteller who communicates clearly and compellingly—whether it’s through excellent writing and verbal skills, or visual design skills.
- You’re curious and passionate about business—the rhythms and dynamics that make it work, across a wide range of industries.
- You believe in the power of great design to bring ideas to life and mobilize people to do great things.
- You bring a fusion of systems thinking and creativity in your ability to generate original ideas, solve complex problems, and understand all the forces required to effect change.
- You love collaborating in teams of diverse talents and skills.
- You’re a voracious learner, using your time at SYP to build mastery around the skills you need in both your work and life.
- You lead with humanity and generosity. Your intent with all your work is to create positive impact—for your client, each other, SYPartners, and beyond.
- 4+ years experience at an in-house strategy team, an innovation or transformation consultancy, an agency, or a publisher
- A. degree; MBA, MFA or other advanced studies desirable
SYPartners helps human beings, organizations, and societies build the capability to become fuller and more vibrant versions of themselves—so they can constantly transform and have a positive impact in the world.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we partner with executives to transform their businesses, and work alongside leaders tackling the toughest societal issues of our time—education, diversity, health care, gender equality, among others. In addition to our consulting practice, we develop products and tools that help individuals and teams unlock their full potential. We are based in San Francisco and New York, and are a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.