San Francisco Office
Your journey has been marked by pursuit rather than chance, misadventures rather than a straight path. You fuel your convictions with an optimistic worldview, and never delegate understanding. You care more about the impact of your work than the credit it earns. You’re in the midst of building your craft and core competencies, but also yearning for the opportunity to stretch in new directions. You see design as a tool to create a future that doesn’t yet exist, not just to create a pretty picture.
If this sounds like you, then perhaps SYPartners is the next stop on your path. In partnership with Strategists, Creative Directors, Program Managers, and clients, Senior Designers at SYPartners are responsible for designing the experiences and tools that will lead our clients on journeys of discovery, learning, transformation and action. They are the glue of the team and the engine of the work we do. Designers at SYPartners are strategic, conceptual, and executional, and see design as a way of envisioning the future.
Our work spans all media. This means that no designer works in exclusively one discipline. Designers tend to major in one area of design, but will apply their skills throughout many.
The work you’ll do
- Collaborate with Strategy team members to translate the essence of a client’s words into an engaging workshop experience for his/her leadership team.
- Design the elements for a successful client workshop (presentation, printed pieces, video, digital, environmental, etc), and facilitate that session.
- Use systems-thinking to understand and deconstruct a complex organization.
- Rapidly prototype designs in a working session to create an interactive touch screen for an upcoming client presentation.
- Mentor Designers and Design Associates, helping them grow as creatives and strategic thinkers.
Desired Experience and Skills
- Ability to take initiative, work without a brief, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Builds strong, meaningful relationships with clients and partners.
- Collaborative with multidisciplinary teams.
- Aims for greatness in craft and thinking.
- Building culture and mentoring designers.
- 6-7+ years of experience at a design firm, agency, editorial or in-house design environment, etc.
- Diverse online or PDF portfolio containing a wide variety of design work.
- Degree in design or related design field required.
- Mastery of one or more aspects of design, including Graphic Design, Experience Design, Information Design, Art Direction, Storytelling, Editorial Design, Creative Technology etc. About
SYPartners helps human beings, organizations, and societies build the capability to become fuller and more vibrant versions of themselves—so they can constantly transform and have a positive impact in the world.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we partner with executives to transform their businesses, and work alongside leaders tackling the toughest societal issues of our time—education, diversity, health care, gender equality, among others. In addition to our consulting practice, we develop products and tools that help individuals and teams unlock their full potential. We are based in San Francisco and New York, and are a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.
SYPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.