Anywhere You Do Your Best Work (Remote)
SYPartners is a consulting firm that focuses on transformation.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we work alongside CEOs, leaders, and their executive teams to design a better future for their organizations—particularly in times of great change. The animating idea that drives us is our belief that organizations designed for both humanity and performance create unprecedented impact. We partner with leaders in organizations that have the courage and rigor to pursue both as equally essential and mutually reinforcing. And we seek to design our own organization in alignment with this idea, as well.
SYPartners was founded in 1994. The company is headquartered in New York City with locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Abu Dhabi, and is a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.
Strategy at SYP combines art and science. It is an act of making. And it’s dedicated to the pursuit of impact. As a strategist, you will play a critical team role in helping diagnose our clients’ challenges with a unique and insightful point of view, and in turn, collaborate with your team and the client to create the experiences and deliverables that drive the change they wish to see. If this is you, come thrive at SYPartners and take us to the next level.
- You are innately curious
- You are a keen eye for detail
- You have excellent communication skills
- You think like a visionary
How you’ll drive impact
- Create deliverables from beginning to end, deeply collaborating with design and program management team members to deliver them in a timely manner
- Build strong relationships and takes a self-directed approach to the work
- Participate and add value in team and client working sessions
- Prototype a way into the strategy, creating starting points and iterations of the work in a timely manner
- Generate insights into the nature of a client’s problem in ways that enable decisions, action, and progress
- Apply business expertise to our clients’ challenges and potential solutions
- Research and depict the broader context—connections, relationships, market focus, human dynamics—related to the client, the industry, the moment, etc. to deepen understanding of the shape and nature of the problem
- Understand and apply the tenets of great interview technique and easily engages with senior leaders
- Write in a clear, compelling way that is purposeful, beautiful, and impactful.
- Generate unexpected, creative ideas for our clients’ businesses
- Design experiences for meetings, break-out sessions, tools, etc. that drive to desired outcomes
- Present and facilitate with poise in structured moments with the team and clients
- 3+ years work experience in research, consulting, journalism, technology, media, grassroots organizing, teaching, or design
- Bachelor or higher (graduate) degree preferred in business, economics, management or a related field
- Exceptional writing skills
- Experience in highly-collaborative, team environments
- Passionate about getting to root causes and defining problems
- Willingness to travel
The salary for this role starts at $90,000 (with increased salary steps as you learn and master the role). Our offer takes into consideration the skills and experience you bring, pay equity across similar roles within SYPartners, and the market rate for similar roles outside of SYPartners. You can be confident that your offer will be in line with the compensation as other colleagues who are in the same role with comparable skills and experiences. Our offers are guided by and a result of our compensation philosophy, anchored in four guiding principles: Informed, Equitable, Consistent, and Transparent. Read more about our Compensation Philosophy here.
Taking Care of Our People
Taking care of people isn’t just something we strive for through our business, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure talent at SYPartners feels this is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self into the space to do the best work of your life.
Additionally, benefits are an essential part of taking care of our people. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, we offer a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs including:
- Competitive base compensation (75th percentile in NYC market regardless of work location)
- Company performance-based cash bonuses
- Open vacation policy
- Coverage of 95-100% of health, dental, and vision insurance costs for you + dependents
- Paid parental leave (12-weeks)
- Up to a 3% match on your 401k contributions
- Monthly firm-wide Pause Days (a collective day off for all employees)
- Planned Work From Anywhere program
SYPartners Commitment to Diversity
At SYPartners, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our own organization and for the leaders and clients we partner with. Our vision of the future—one in which organizations are designed to create conditions for human flourishing—demands that we continually work to become a more diverse and inclusive organization ourselves.
We are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize this commitment requires continual learning, reflection, and imagination.