New York preferred / Open to remote
SYPartners is a consulting firm that focuses on transformation.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we work alongside CEOs, leaders, and their executive teams to design a better future for their organizations—particularly in times of great change. The animating idea that drives us is our belief that organizations designed for both humanity and performance create unprecedented impact. We partner with leaders in organizations that have the courage and rigor to pursue both as equally essential and mutually reinforcing. And we seek to design our own organization in alignment with this idea, as well.
SYPartners was founded in 1994. The company is headquartered in New York City with locations in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Abu Dhabi, and is a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.
One part visionary and one part maker, senior designers at SYP channel deep curiosity and design expertise to create futures that don’t yet exist. Their contributions bring both inspiration and clarity to our work, whether designing a powerful experience, a compelling narrative, or a mission that drives people to act.
In partnership with Strategists, Program Managers, and UX Designers, Senior Designers are responsible for bringing to life the experiences and tools that lead our clients (and sometimes their customers) through a journey of discovery, learning, and transformation.
Our work spans all media. This means that no designer at SYP works exclusively in Print, Digital, or Exhibition design, but will apply—and build!—their skills throughout all three. If this is you, come thrive at SYPartners and take us to the next level.
- You are passionate about understanding people’s needs and experiences and can express those insights through design.
- You have experience working within a variety of form factors (e.g. infographic, editorial, print, website, presentation, exhibition, etc.), strategically choosing the right medium to drive the intended impact.
- You design with speed, imagination, and consistency. You take initiative, create your own design briefs, and are energized by navigating complexity and ambiguity.
- You are curious about the challenges impacting business and society today and are passionate about the impact of your work beyond a final deliverable.
- You are a communicator. Whether through words, sketches, or prototypes, you share your ideas in a way that inspires others and builds belief.
- You are comfortable with highly collaborative team environments (this is not an asynchronous and autonomous contributor role)
How you’ll drive impact
- Help shape the creative vision of our projects, leading the design of a track of work or a whole project.
- Apply your collaborative skills to build relationships with teams across disciplines and with clients.
- Ensure projects are completed to a high-quality design standard (typography, photography, motion, composition, color, and hierarchy).
- As a Senior design team member, you will have the opportunity to mentor more junior teammates.
- Work in lockstep with team members from other disciplines (e.g. strategy, program management, user experience, and digital experts)
- You will have exposure to high-level client leaders who are building institutions, movements, products, and services that propel the world forward
- Develop overall leadership and consultant skills under the guidance of discipline leads
- Learn from other Design team members as well as the vibrant community of SYP
- 6+ years of experience at an agency, design studio, or relevant organization
- Experience in highly collaborative team environments
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite, Google Drive, and Powerpoint/Keynote
- Nice to have: experience working with interaction design tools like Figma, ReadyMag, Adobe XD, Squarespace, WordPress, Miro, or other industry tools
The salary for this role starts at $120,000 (with increased salary steps as you learn and master the role). Our offer takes into consideration the skills and experience you bring, pay equity across similar roles within SYPartners, and the market rate for similar roles outside of SYPartners. You can be confident that your offer will be in line with the compensation as other colleagues who are in the same role with comparable skills and experiences. Our offers are guided by and a result of our compensation philosophy, anchored in four guiding principles: Informed, Equitable, Consistent, and Transparent. Read more about our Compensation Philosophy here.
Taking Care of Our People
Taking care of people isn’t just something we strive for through our business, it is who we are, and part of what we do each and every single day. We want to ensure talent at SYPartners feels this is a place where, no matter who you are, you feel safe, included, and that you have the opportunity to bring your unique self into the space to do the best work of your life.
Additionally, benefits are an essential part of taking care of our people. Whether you’re single, in a growing family, or nearing retirement, we offer a variety of comprehensive and competitive benefit programs to meet your needs including:
- Competitive base compensation (75th percentile in NYC market regardless of work location)
- Company performance-based cash bonuses
- Open vacation policy
- Coverage of 95-100% of health, dental, and vision insurance costs for you + dependents
- Paid parental leave (12-weeks)
- Up to a 3% match on your 401k contributions
- Monthly firm-wide Pause Days (a collective day off for all employees)
- Planned Work From Anywhere program
SYPartners Commitment to Diversity
At SYPartners, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our own organization and for the leaders and clients we partner with. Our vision of the future—one in which organizations are designed to create conditions for human flourishing—demands that we continually work to become a more diverse and inclusive organization ourselves.
We are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize this commitment requires continual learning, reflection, and imagination.