Manager Knowledge Management
Manager, Knowledge Management
New York preferred / open to remote
SYPartners helps human beings, organizations, and societies build the capability to become fuller and more vibrant versions of themselves—so they can constantly transform and have a positive impact in the world.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we partner with executives to transform their businesses, and work alongside leaders tackling the toughest societal issues of our time—education, diversity, health care, gender equality, among others. In addition to our consulting practice, we develop products and tools that help individuals and teams unlock their full potential. We are based in San Francisco and New York, and are a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.
At SYPartners, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our own organization and for the leaders and clients we partner with.
The Manager of Knowledge Management is a new role on our growing Learning & Flourishing team. We are passionate about fostering growth and unlocking potential, and this role will help ensure knowledge management tools and systems are efficiently and collaboratively carried out.
The primary objective of the role is to enable all employees to successfully perform by accessing knowledge and building mastery. With a curator’s eye and growth-oriented mindset, this role will help individuals and the company continue to deliver meaningful work as ways of working, operating models, and business systems evolve.
- You are passionate about learning/adult learning, keeping a pulse on current and emerging practices for curating info and training others, especially in a hybrid and virtual work environment
- You are a natural communicator and teacher. No matter how complex the ideas or environment, you synthesize and share information with others clearly, helping to build understanding, particularly when key decisions need to be made
- You are a creative problem solver, blending best practices with innovative ideas to develop solutions that best meet the needs of the user (our employees and the business)
The work you’ll do
- Enable learning of fundamental SYP skills and approaches, whether through direct instruction or establishing supplemental tools and materials
- Build and maintain a consolidated company-wide knowledge library—incorporating knowledge from various systems as well as curating new content
- Scope, select, and manage any resources/technology required for key programs and initiatives
- Develop assessments and metrics to measure the outcomes of key programs and initiatives
- Collaborate with the People team and other cross-functional teams to identify and address knowledge gaps and learning issues
- 3 years of experience in education, information management, library science, curriculum, or related field
- Bachelor's degree required (preference: Library Science)
- Experience with information and knowledge systems, tools, and platforms, such as document and content management systems, ontologies, and eLearning platforms
- Experience with effective knowledge management best practices including content management, location of expertise, lessons learned, and communities of practice
- Experience with adult learning principles, impact measurement techniques, and training methodologies.
- Experience managing projects and activities across multiple work streams
SYPartners Commitment to Diversity
Our vision of the future—one in which organizations are designed to create conditions for human flourishing—demands that we continually work to become a more diverse and inclusive organization ourselves.
We are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize this commitment requires continual learning, reflection, and imagination.