Senior Program Manager
San Francisco; New York; Remote (US)
The Senior Program Manager is a proactive problem solver and gifted multi-tasker with the ability to drive teams to success. They manage the business operations of a project, while maintaining overall team health and workflow. The Senior PM is the hub of a project—seeing and managing the whole system, ensuring that all the pieces of the program are accounted for and connected, and constantly assessing if the program execution is fully aligned with the overall strategic intent. Partnering closely with members of the strategy, design, and production teams, the Senior PM orchestrates powerful experiences that help our clients see a new way forward, and insightful plans and tools that help them take action.
The work you’ll do
- Manage the creative process and workflow for anything from digital tools and videos to specialty print and large-scale events.
- Manage and co-create alongside teams of strategists, designers and production artists, as well as external partners including copywriters, photographers, printers, developers, and videographers.
- Develop and manage workflow to meet outcomes for a multi-month, multi-track engagement, knowing how to prioritize and segment work, and how to focus the team on what matters most.
- Anticipate and properly communicate resource needs to maximize impact, including scenario plans to resolve challenges, taking into account individual growth goals and superpowers, and team needs.
- Create strong duos with each team member and encourage team behaviors that foster deep collaboration and partnership.
- Advocate on behalf of your team members, acknowledge team success, and monitor morale.
- Cultivate a positive and effective relationship with clients of all levels, and be the point of contact for all operational aspects of the engagement.
- Price new work and contribute to proposal development.
- Track and evaluate program profitability, identifying discrepancies and leveraging data to anticipate and recommend necessary adjustments.
- Draft SOWs, facilitate contract negotiations and ensure that all appropriate paperwork is in place.
Desired experience and skills
- Minimum 7-10 years of relevant program/account management experience with knowledge of the creative, digital or experiential process.
- B.A. degree or equivalent practical experience
SYPartners helps human beings, organizations, and societies build the capability to become fuller and more vibrant versions of themselves—so they can constantly transform and have a positive impact in the world.
Using the tools of strategy and design, we partner with executives to transform their businesses, and work alongside leaders tackling the toughest societal issues of our time—education, diversity, health care, gender equality, among others. In addition to our consulting practice, we develop products and tools that help individuals and teams unlock their full potential. We are based in San Francisco and New York, and are a founding member of kyu, a collective of best-in-class creative firms.
SYPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
SYPartners Commitment to Diversity
At SYPartners, we are committed to the work of advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion in our own organization and for the leaders and clients we partner with. Our vision of the future—one in which organizations are designed to create conditions for human flourishing—demands that we continually work to become a more diverse and inclusive organization ourselves.
We are committed to working with and designing for people of every race, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, socio-economic status, physical ability or attribute, religion, national origin, or political belief. We recognize this commitment requires continual learning, reflection, and imagination.